EPISODE 1: SLOW BURN
Premiering Tuesday, April 13, at 9 PM E/P
The 2009 King crab season begins with tensions at an all time high. One deckhand threatens to quit, while another sets his premature sights on the wheelhouse. When the captains gather for their annual meeting, a line is crossed.
- Sibling rivalry heats up on the Cornelia Marie.
- Crew poaching really ticks off a crew.
- A new boat joins the fleet.
- Confrontation at the season-opening Burn Barrel .
EPISODE 2: BREAKING ‘EM IN
Premiering Tuesday, April 20, at 9 PM E/P
It’s week two of King Crab season and a storm looms as the fleet hauls their first crab. One greenhorn cramps up after just a few pots, while two junior deckhands are tested on unfamiliar boats. But it’s the veteran deckhands that really try the skippers’ patience.
- A pair of boat-swapping deckhands get more than they bargained for.
- Time Bandit gambles on lightning striking twice.
- Sig gets a whiff of mutiny.
- A tough guy greenhorn chokes up fast.
EPISODE 3: SEA TESTED
Premiering Tuesday, April 27, at 9 PM E/P
It’s the third week of hunting King crab and Captain Phil and Captain Sig’s experiment in trading junior deckhands comes to a close. The young crew members are tested by big waves and cruel pranks until the end. Meanwhile, conflict between skippers and deckhands continues to rage unchecked.
- The new guys get the full treatment.
- One Jake loves the swap; the other can’t wait to get back.
- Wild Bill and the Kodiak fight the “new boat” doldrums.
- A storm hits the Wizard, but it’s not Mother Nature who’s behind it.
EPISODE 4: BERING SEA SWIM CLUB
Premiering Tuesday, May 4, at 9 PM E/P
Captain Sig and Captain Phil liaison to reclaim their junior deckhands with a high seas transfer. But when the young crew members submerge themselves in the bitter, treacherous tides – the plan quickly spins out of control.
- Why no one thinks it’s fun to switch boats at sea.
- A Northwestern deckhand agonizes over terrible memories.
- Time Bandit fights to stay alive.
- Deckhand shake-up on the Kodiak.
EPISODE 5: ARCTIC QUEST
Premiering Tuesday, May 11, at 9 PM E/P
As the boats finish up King Crab season, Sig decides to head back out to the lonely expanses of the northern Bering Sea – despite protests from Edgar and the crew – to hunt down the fabled blue King crab. Nothing seems to go right aboard the Kodiak and the Harris family feud is anything but over.
- A tyrannical Sig sails to a lonely spot.
- Kodiak can’t escape the doldrums.
- Jake just can’t help getting on the wrong side of dad.
- Time Bandit faces off with a monster storm.
Premiering Tuesday, May 18, at 9 PM E/P
- Johnathan risks it all on dangerous passage.
- How far can Sig push his crew?
- Losing power in a raging storm pushes Cornelia Marie to the limits.
- Woe to the surly Wizard greenhorn.
Premiering Tuesday, May 25, at 9 PM E/P
While the Cornelia Marie spends precious time undergoing repairs after a collision with a reef, the other boats head out to the Opilio crab grounds. When massive ice storms cover their already top-heavy boats with ice, the captains are forced to dump icy pots far from their honey holes – or capsize.
- How badly damaged is Capt. Phil’s boat?
- Sig promises Edgar something he can’t deliver.
- The Time Bandit’s greenhorn dreams of solid ground.
- Deckhands risk their lives to free their boats from ice.
EPISODE 8: WE’RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE
Premiering Tuesday, June 1st, at 9 PM E/P
The pot stacks keep turning into frozen mountains and days of ice bashing has the entire fleet fighting to stay in action. On the Northwestern, the exhausted crew struggles to keep up with Captain Sig’s maniacal pace. The other boats face their own challenges from chronic pain to shell-shocked greenhorns.
- One deckhand pays the price in blood.
- The Kodiak crew finds mathematics a challenge.
- The Cornelia Marie wheelhouse becomes a house of pain.
- Greenhorns can’t find any sympathy.
EPISODE 9: GLORY DAYS
Premiering Tuesday, June 8, at 9 PM E/P
Terrible ice conditions continue to wreak havoc in the fleet, often forcing the boats into extreme situations. Capt. Phil takes the Cornelia Marie into the Bering Sea’s most challenging fishing grounds and a sudden ice storm sends the Time Bandit into crisis mode.
- Capt. Phil attempts an almost impossible gear drop.
- A listing Time Bandit races to shed ice-covered pots.
- Greenhorns seem to be checking out early and often
- A heart attack sets the stage for a harrowing rescue.
EPISODE 10: THE DARKENED SEAS
Premiering Tuesday, June 15, at 9 PM E/P
A raging Bering Sea storm threatens disaster during a daring helicopter rescue attempt. Both Time Bandit and Cornelia Marie are hauling in record crab, but the Hillstrand’s crew finds out the hard way that the ice can still strike back. Capt. Phil faces a far different setback, one that threatens the very heart of his family.
- Coast Guard rescue attempt in dangerous seas.
- The Time Bandit under attack by ice bombs.
- Sad news from home for Jake Anderson.
- What’s the secret that Capt. Phil discovers?
EPISODE 11: BLOWN OFF COURSE
Premiering Tuesday, June 22, at 9 PM E/P
Capt. Johnathan leaves the Time Bandit for warmer waters, but a phone call home brings heartache to Jake Anderson as he learns disturbing details about his father’s disappearance. After the the Cornelia Marie pulls into port for an off-load, a skipper pays a tragic price for his hard living ways.
- Changes afoot in Time Bandit’s wheelhouse.
- The grim news about Jake Anderson’s father.
- A fallen captain.
EPISODE 12: EMPTY THRONE
Premiering Tuesday, June 29, at 9 PM E/P
A critically ill Phil Harris is flown to a hospital in Anchorage. Jake Harris accompanies his father, but Josh decides he must stay with the boat knowing that this will make it difficult to rush to his Dad’s bedside. Meanwhile, a dark cloud descends over the Time Bandit as Andy’s choice of a new relief skipper sets off a storm of jealousy.
- Capt. Phil’s trying journey to a distant critical care unit.
- Josh’s agonizing decision to stick with the boat.
- The other captains learn the news about Phil.
- A Kodiak night on the town that goes wrong.
EPISODE 13: CAIN & ABEL
Premiering Tuesday, JuLY, 06 at 9 PM E/P
The fleet struggles through the mid-season grind as ice and heavy seas wear down morale. Skippers turn on deckhands and deckhands turn on each other. Back on land, Captain Phil battles for his life after coming through major surgery while his sons tear each other apart.
- The Wizard heads out into dangerous ice.
- Skipper Phil comes out of surgery in Anchorage.
- The Northwestern endures barbaric crabbing.
- Capt. Andy wonders if Mike was the best choice for an heir.
EPISODE 14 REDEMPTION DAY
Premiering Tuesday, July 13, at 9 PM E/P
The Time Bandit deck descends into a chaotic power struggle On the Northwestern, Edgar takes a drastic step to be rid of his deck drudgery. Meanwhile, Mother Nature unleashes an epic storm while Phil Harris fights a battle for his life.
- Mike and Scott fight for the Captain’s chair.
- Edgar challenges his brother by promoting their greenhorn.
- Wild Bill works hard to get a deckhand off his boat.
- Capt. Phil fights the ultimate battle for his life.
EPISODE 15: VALHALLA
Premiering Tuesday, July 20, at 9 PM E/P
Captain Phil Harris loses his battle for life while the boats — unaware of the news — battle the biggest storm of the season. Eventually, eldest son Josh breaks the news to the fleet and reactions are intense and unforgettable.
- High seas memorials for a fallen brother.
- Capt. Keith shreds a deckhand.
- No sympathy for the homesick.
- The Kodiak battles thick fog and screw-ups.
EPISODE 16: ENDLESS
Premiering Tuesday, July 27, at 9 PM E/P
Tension runs high on the Northwestern as Edgar is fed up with his 22 year marathon of pain and lets his brother know it. Josh Harris returns to the Cornelia Marie and the Opilio season ends with a harrowing mayday.
- Lynn’s last chance with Keith.
- Wild Bill risks the ice pack.
- Time Bandit still looking for a new skipper.
- Who will coming back next year?