Forever busy and creative, Discovery has given the go-ahead for seven new projects of which several are from Thom Beers and Craig Piligiam. And actually, there are more then seven as you’ll see…
- A brand new series about informerical pitchmen.
- 2-hour movie about crab fishing (see below for more details)
- A reality series called “Out of the Wild”-about surviving in Alaska and also hoofing it back to civilization.
- A new series called “Swamp Blogging”–about a logger who harvests trees in environments that are maybe not the best place for man to be.
- Another new one–“Moments of Terror” which is related to last year’s very popular “Destroyed”
- “Destroyed” will be out for its second season.
- A 6-part series called, “Seasons of Survival”
- “Lobstermen” was picked up for an 8-episode season (rejoice ‘Deadliest Catch’ fans, more goodies for you!)
- A 2-hour documentary called “Disaster on K2”–the story of 30 mountain climbers who climbed up but only 11 survive.
About the crab fishing movie…
Thom Beers serves as the executive producer on this 2-hour movied that is based on Spike Walker’s “Working on the Edge”. It’s been produced for the Discovery Channel by Working on the Edge Productions, Inc.
Oh and by the way, if that isn’t enough action for us all, …April is Alaska Week on Discovery!
Read the entire article for more details